15h 15 min
百感交集...been waiting for this day for far too long. I tried staying up all night yesterday to finish nodame cantabile but didn't get past 4 episodes (at least we watched till Chiaki performed Rachmaninoff :P) Not too sure what I'm feeling right now cos somehow the excitement of waiting for this day to come had died down but these past 2 years have really gone by so quickly. I've stopped thinking about the "what ifs" had I stayed in Singapore to finish Junior College (high school) and instead, have come to appreciated God's amazing hand guiding me through every step in my life. Anyhow, this summer, I'll be coming a full circle back to family and friends in Singapore and HK. The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is week-long (or probably even month-long) packing since our family will be semi-permanently moving to Toronto. I HATE packing...so pray that I'll be real patient with everyone. I feel selfish sometimes because I want to start on my own stuff (like practicing violin, piano or guitar; cooking or even writing) which seem more important to me than packing. That's why I've really got ot learn from Amanda - she's the best sister ever...no complaints from her no matter what :)
On a lighter note, while we were waiting to board, we discovered that the wireless network provided by Toronto Pearson International Airport isn't exactly free >.<>
Fine :P
11h xx min
Ok...being a parent sure is tougher than it seems, especially if the baby keeps on crying. We're seated near the front row where babies are so it's kind of hard to sleep when he/she is wailing non-stop. I guess my love for kids isn't that strong yet cos I can't exactly say at this moment that I love this crying baby :( Hopefully he/she'll be able to get comfy and get some sleep, and let his poor mum and the rest of us get some too :P
9h 52 min
Elgar Symphony I :) Jo is happy now!
6h 39 min
Tchaikovsky Overtures: Romeo and Juliet
still no ice cream being served...hmph :P but Jo is still happy
ahh...if only I could play better
B C# D/ B C# D C# B/ D C# B D C# B/ D C# B D G...
:)
6 h 31 min
just remembered...last night, signing out from hotmail, I read the news headline that the cyclone in Myanmar left 4,000 dead. That seemed a huge figure to me already but this morning before boarding, I heard it rose to more than 20,000 dead :( will be keeping them in our prayers
2 h 42 min
it's crazy how many movies we watched (4 so far)...I feel kind of uneasy with so much time on my hands. guess I'm really a workaholic :P ok time for devos :)
2 h 0 min
reading 2nd Peter 1:5-9 reminds me of Josh Lo's sharing during Sharing Night. Indeed, without love, everything else we do to share the gospel would come to naught. I'm starting to miss Waterloo already! I was asked what I liked best about Waterloo...my reply was "erm...ccf?" :D
2nd Peters ends with the verse "...grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ"
you guys definitely have helped me grow in this year...your encouragements, passion to share God's love and to serve Him...Thanks so much :)
~in HK!!!
one of the best flights ever...although we didn't get our haagen dazs ice cream in the end :P
6 comments:
i have to agree that being a parent is tough but not so much when the child is a baby. In fact, one of my female pastors said that she only likes children from the age of 0 to 9 months on a bably blessing home visit. Lol....... There's just so much things that parents should and should not say and do, or even how they say or do it. Parenting is like the toughest thing on earth, so you really got to choose for yourself if you want to be a parent!!! It's natural to want to feel busy and career-minded at this stage of life but when the right guy comes along and life's good, you will want to settle down and give birth to a dozen or two. Then Amanda's children and yours can play together as you both marvel at your likeness and distinctiveness shown in your children.
thanks :P i like how you can see so far ahead...& a dozen or two!!! lol :P i just want a pair of twins...preferably girls :D not to be discriminating hehe...but it'll be so much funner if you can play dress up with your baby girls :)
You're hilarious!
I love this time documenting!
Hope you guys are doing well!
Also-- I definitely introduced myself to two of the guys from frosh cell this friday.... ooops! *blush*
lol that's great :D keep us updated abt what's going on in ccf :) :)
hehe, good stuff =) I love how 2 Peter ends. It's not all about growing in the knowledge of His word, but to also learn that it is through His grace that we are able to stand before Him.
ccf... such a wonderful thing, I miss it too. I am glad that in your first year, ccf has been able to encourage and challenge your walk =)
yup...i feel really lucky too :D
can't wait to be back in waterloo!
Post a Comment