Saturday, May 17, 2008

busy...

I have to confess that I haven't been keeping up with my devotionals since leaving Canada :( Every day seems to be packed with activities - in HK, it was spending time with relatives & in Singapore, we're almost going into our second week of packing. I planned so much for this summer...to spend time with family and friends [who knows when I'll get to see them again :( ], internship, studying, cooking, reading, and of course music!
But so far, I haven't been setting aside enough time to spend alone with God...I've just been giving all these excuses that I'm too busy, too tired to open up my bible and daily bread. In fact, if I spend less time on the internet or get up an hour earlier...I'd have more than enough time. What excuse is there to give? During finals too, I felt too pressed for time to just quieten down my heart and meditate on God's word but really, those were the moments when I needed to turn to Him most. That's why I always look back to those weeks when I had my 'O' level examinations in Singapore...cos although it was the most gruelling period I'd ever experienced (of course not as even a tenth of what those experienced for 'A' levels :P) but I could spend up to half an hour just reading His word and playing the piano for worship :)
Hopefully, I'll be able to re-adjust my priorities real soon & definitely before going back to school again :)

No comments: