Monday, May 19, 2008

祈禱

~133,000 dead or missing, & more than 2 million homeless from cyclone Nargis in Myanmar
more than 70,000 dead or missing, & ~5 million homeless from the Sichuan earthquake
stark figures that just seem so unreal...
I haven't really been keeping up with the news until recently because I've been too "busy"...busy with packing, relationship issues, preparing for my internship & sad but true...shopping ^^" But when will we ever be busy enough to stop caring?
Yesterday was my first time back in my home church and the message was on 合神心意合家欢...loosely translating to a rejoiceful home pleasing in God's eyes. Once again, I was reminded of how blessed I was to be able to reunite with my family safe & sound in Singapore. Especially when there's so much suffering at the moment...when families were torn apart, children left to fend for themselves in the face of starvation and various diseases :( I'll continue to keep them in prayers & really, we've got to 珍惜眼前人 (cherish those around us) cos it's a blessing just to be with them.

No comments: