Friday, May 16, 2008

back home...

It's almost a week since I've been back in Singapore but so far I've only been out several times - twice to the doctor's and we finally took a break from packing yesterday...shopping! Actually, shopping from 10 am to 9ish pm (with lunch & dinner break in between) isn't exactly that relaxing :P especially when there's a sale...so you can only imagine the crowd that you have to squish pass to get to those rows & rows of clothes, shoes, bags etc. Sometimes I really wonder why people even need so much stuff. I'm learning it the hard way because these few days, we discovered just how much unwanted stuff we have buried in our house. The worst are the books...our dad must have more than a thousand of his math books alone >.< That's why shopping has to be done with extreme caution!!!
It’ll save a great deal of headaches when you need to move out in future...since coming back, I’ve been having an awful lot of headaches :( not sure whether it’s because of the weather (24-32 degree Celsius every day :P) or because of the packing…panadol (tylenol’s asian version) doesn’t even work sometimes but one thing that always works is singing/playing the piano for worship :) especially with Kris and Amanda :D

some things really never change :)

3 comments:

Jo said...

yay! glad you're home and enjoying it. Yep, my family has pack rat tendencies as well... I'm with the books and craft materials, my brothers with electronics, my dad with his mechanical things and mom...well, she just packs away everything... i mean, we still have old birthday presents from when we were 10 in the basement! Unopened! gah... :)

Panadol...haha Betty and I had a brief conversation about that during final exams last term. My aunt sends us a lot of those whenever someone from church goes to hongkong for a visit.

Life is good for me though. Still an adjustment, being home and working. I'm still waiting to hear back about Masters for September. I'll share the news when I hear back. :)

joanna =) said...

jo!!! so nice to hear from you :) :) we're really busy these days so it's kind of hard to keep up with all you guys over in canada...especially with the 12 hour time difference too :P but i'll write to you again soon :D

Mei Ping said...

yea, your house does have a lot of stuff but not that bad ba? Humans certainly don't need too many things. After all, they only have one pair of eyes, hands, legs and everything. Men are forgetful people (not in the literal sense). We buy new things because we no longer like the old ones. We have forgotten how we liked the old thing we owned. I suppose it's quite hard to force yourself not to buy something especially if you keep thinking about it. If it's something you like and reasonably priced, i don't believe in stinging. Even an occasional indulgence is alright as long as it's within limits and it doesn't become an addiction.