- passed my first driving written test!!!
- eating some real solid food and no signs of infection so far :)
- can't believe how God always carries me through no matter what (even if I was cramming :P) It's definitely by His grace that I'm always able to pull through with ok marks
- just about to skype with our baby nephews and niece from Edmonton. I used to think it ridiculous going there for a year of high school when we were planning to come to Ontario for university anyways, but if we weren't there, we would never have been able to play with the most adorable kids on earth (albeit the most mischievous ones too :P)!!! kind of miss those days when we had to draw superman, batman, ninja turtles, spiderman, and cars...lots and lots of cars for Andersen & Ronald...and sing along to iloveegg's theme song (http://www.iloveegg.com/index.htm) with baby Priscilla :D
http://littletwinstars29.blogspot.com/2006/10/kids.html (pictures!!!)
- thinking of how kids nowadays are so lucky, and us being safe & sound in Canada...when there's so much unrest going on in other parts of the world (eg. Tibet, Darfur, Iraq, Afghanistan...) Sometimes, it really does strikes me that I can be so fortunate and blessed because the worst hardships that I have faced so far are just school-related stuff (eg. assignment deadlines, exams) when others don't even get the chance to attend school :(
So it was really such a joy to see the younger ones at KWCAC giving us a presentation about the sufferings that children in the less fortunate parts of the world face (eg. being taken as child soldiers, torn apart from their family...) and making us accountable now that we have heard about it. For me, I can't imagine how these kids can ever smile again, when there's no hope of reuniting with their family, having a normal life again, and not knowing about God's love...because they would definitely be thinking that no one else in this world would care for them...I can't imagine surviving a single minute in their shoes. That's why pictures of kids in Africa giving a bright beautiful smile never fail to amaze me since in our part of the world, kids grumble just because you don't buy them their favourite ninja turtle gummy or help them draw spidey all over again when you've done that 3 million times already. But people are such absent-minded creatures. On one hand, it breaks my heart to hear about the hardships that these little kids (and the wounds that may never heal) but on the other hand, I forget and get distracted... I have to confess that I don't know a lot about the crises happening around the world but I'll start taking more initiative to learn about them and help in whatever small way :)
~for those who want to read more about the latest news in Darfur, here's a good website: www.sudantribune.com (one of the more personal, thought-provoking articles I found: http://www.sudantribune.com/spip.php?article26140)
the more I think about it, we are really so blessed...this list can just go on & on :)
歡欣
4 comments:
found ur blog! thru mikee's =p
what's Amanda's?
hehe...Amanda hasn't started blogging yet but i'll try to get her to start too :P
Amanda may blog yes maybe once a month :) Occasionally, we stop and pity ourselves for getting all upset with exams and assignments when children in other country can smile and laugh at the slightest gift or blessing. This happens especially after a mission trip. This disparity, having occurred, is almost irreversible. Praise God for these simple and innocent young minds who probably understand contentment better than us. Let us not try to think like them because we know far too much. For us, we gonna find our own place and blessings. As said in John 9 referring to a man born blind, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." Thank you, jo, for being a light in this world, especially so that you have that special something for children. It matters not who are the givers and receivers as long as all eyes are focused on God :) God Bless!!!
thanks mp! you made my day <3
i can't wait to start reading up NT again since i've been stuck on OT forever :P
& really hope that we'll be able to go on a mission trip together one day :)
Post a Comment