nope, I didn't share in the end :P it's just so typical of me to shy away from any possibility of sharing in front of such a big group.
but it was such a joy to see others who admitted that they wouldn't have been able to speak in front of us last term grow so much that they felt compelled by God to share last night :)
It was truly a revival for me, to hear about how brothers and sisters were encouraged by each other through acts of kindness, however insignificant they might have seemed at first (from being prayed for to having a congee team when they got sick, to being able to pour out all their troubles to a listening ear) :D
this is the ccf i'm going to miss if I leave...
I really wished that I had attended more prayer meetings, led bible study when there were so many opportunities to do so, built deeper relationships with other brothers and sisters...cos this is what growing together in Christ is all about :)
But anyhow, I was reminded of the fact that God has a plan for each of us even though we might not understand why we have to go through the struggles that we're facing now. And speaking of struggles, I was struck by the fact that mine were so trivial compared to others...and all this time I've been worrying and not lifting it all up to Him! I really appreciate those who shared about the sufferings that they went through even though it hurts to even think about it, cos as aptly put by a brother, God doesn't let any of our sufferings go to waste. Their sharing was a big encouragement to me, and I'm sure, to many others too :)
My prayer is that we'll truly be able to continue to place our faith in Him...
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness
and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about
tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. ~Matthew 6:33-34
About me sharing...hopefully next term! Somehow, I have the feeling that I didn't share and wasn't too emotional last night because deep in my heart, I know that I'll most probably be back :P
No comments:
Post a Comment