Monday, April 28, 2008

Draw Me Close to You

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You
You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near
~ one of my favourite songs
I was playing the piano and violin again today...music is my life & it must be one of God's greatest gifts to mankind :D
I know music shouldn't be used as the only form of worship but really, it draws me so much closer to God especially when the songs have such powerful lyrics and when I'm feeling a spiritual low...
anyways, these lyrics have been a great comfort to me.
He's all I want & ever needed :)

3 comments:

pauline said...

*nods head vigorously* yes yes yes i agree completely!
yeah music for me is a very personal connection to God too. i love sitting by the piano when no one's around and just playing and singing songs to God.
God's been teaching me more and more about true worship recently. i don't have a piano here in melb, and while i do have my guitar it's just not the same as your first instrument. i was intending to get a keyboard, but God told me to wait one sem at least- challenging me to worship God even if i don't have a piano- to rely on the Giver, not he gift.
worship's definitely a lifestyle; our response to God. music is just one component of it, but defnitely a very special one, as we both find it to be (:

Mei Ping said...

it's sure cool that you guys can use music to draw yourselves closer to God. it seems like many who play instruments share the same sentiments. It sure is different compared to someone who just sings...

joanna =) said...

hmm...actually i do love just singing too :) sometimes, i like it when it's just me alone with God but other times, i love it when it's a whole group of people lifting up praises to God...think mg chapel :D