Monday, March 8, 2010

transformation, connectedness, prayer...

it's ridiculous how many times I say I surrender and yet I haven't.
but I'm so thankful that He has never given up on me.
God is enough... reading back my old blog post, that was almost two years ago!
Have I been growing, have I been learning, have I been listening?
Am I hungering for Christ, am I emptying myself for Jesus to truly fill my life, am I letting go?

true transformation.
What exactly is holding us back? Who do we think we are when we choose to struggle and strive and carry all those burdens with us
?
connectedness.
The vine and the branches... abiding in Him.

prayer.
Learning to pray in the Spirit and the Word, prayer being a means of grace
But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, 18 that they were saying to you, "In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts." 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. 22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh. 24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. ~ Jude 1:17-25 (NASB)
I finally made the long-overdue prayer to surrender all of it, that burden I've been carrying for far too long, to Him.
And He answered =)

In Christ alone my hope is found

He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm giving you my heart
and all that is within
i lay it all down
for the joy of you my king
i'm giving you my dreams
im laying down my rights
i'm giving up my pride
for the promise of new life

and I surrender all to to you, all to You
and I surrender all to to you, all to You

can we sing this at home? don't play too slow =P