Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Winter 2010 reflections part 1

I didn't end up sharing for CCF Sharing Night last Friday. My thoughts weren't too gathered, partly because I didn't take the time to reflect... partly because I was prepping for the interview, and working on my last lab report for the term (Kidney function and Urinalysis ....a surprisingly interesting topic! I ended up going crazy borrowing books, doing research and reading up lots =P the more you read, the more there is to learn about hehe)
sorry... long tangent -_-
In any case, I really need to spend time reflecting. The Mac interview was ok... there wasn't any debate thankfully =D Between the 7-9 stations (out of 10 stations), I couldn't really focus much and started rambling and used lots of "umms".
I don't really like talking about it unless it's for the benefit of others who need to go through the same process. It's kind of like replaying the past, seeing the obvious mistakes and I'll start getting really critical about myself.
But then again, it is over.
Just like with all the other mistakes or failures I've made in my life, I really should be learning from them, then moving on...
It's sometimes harder to forgive oneself. But wouldn't that mean you're not truly receiving and accepting forgiveness?

...12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 3:12-14

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. ~ Hebrews 12:1-3

It's really not about us. Not about who we are or what we've done.
It's about Him... who He is and what He has done.

May I learn to trust in Him ... to lift everything, the small and big things, the failures or whatever "achievements" ... lift it ALL up to Him.

And may we continue to fix our eyes on Jesus, press on and run the race marked out for us by Him in His infinite love, unfathomable wisdom, amazing grace ...
with no reserves, no retreat and no regrets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey jo.....so tired now. didn't know ur lab report was on that topic...yea, i like that
we did one in high school and my teacher lied to us and told us that the samples were the science teachers' urine...
gosh -_-