Sunday, August 16, 2009

pure joy

(James 1:2-4) Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Never ever have I been so tired of studying. Headaches. Coffee. More MCAT practice tests...3/4 done my second round of revision from the MCAT book. The thing that bugs me is that I know this is definitely manageable compared to what I've done before (yes Singapore's education system is amazing =P), but I have been overconfident and relying on my own...whatever it is I think I have haha. I have to confess that my pride gets the better of me. And I'm sorry I got annoyed when talking to family on the phone =( One reason I give is because the phone line is bad and I have to be shouting over the phone and that's what I hate doing but of course, that's not the real reason...

But it's so good when I take a step back, to realize that my strength and motivation can come from Him.
Pure joy...in Him.

Recalling a msn conversation that I had with my friend from China =) I told him middle of this term that I was lazy, didn't want to study...his response (in Chinese) was but you're going to be a future MSF doctor.
Thanks =)
My dream is hopefully something to do with MSF or medical missions. But I have to keep in mind that in the end, it's not for the cause, but the purpose behind it - in all things, to glorify Him. Loving Him in response to His unchanging love for us...

Pure joy.
some of the MCAT practice tests are actually pretty fun to do. The verbal reasoning/reading comprehension passages are kind of interesting too...time to get back to work =)

No comments: