be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
~Psalm 27:14
容我寧靜
聽候在祢的跟前
一心一意
願尋求祢的旨意
藏祢懷內
看萬事變得空虛光輝不再
願我此刻知祢是神
讓我得享安息在祢手裡
=) reminded that the only reason I could have made it so far is only by His grace. His blessings are immeasurably rich, more than one could ever imagine or dream of! I truly experienced and was humbled by that last night when I was praying for His strength, His joy and His peace before going to bed. To be resting in Christ, to be comforted by His peace and filled with His joy has been something I've been struggling with and yet, last night, 2 nights before I write my MCAT (which I'm seriously not too prepared for on my own account =P), I experienced all of that. Is my calmness from being overconfident and self-deluding, or from Him?
I can say with certainty, the latter =)
I was reading John 14 the other day. In that passage, Jesus was speaking to His disciples and giving the promise of the Holy Spirit, continuing with...
19Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. ~John 14:19-21
Despite us being so unworthy...yet He has called us His children. And what I find even more amazing, our acceptance into being with the Father, the Son and the Spirit.
I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
oneness.
What else can we do but to love our God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind in response to His love? To deny ourselves, take up the cross daily and to follow Him...
And in our weakness, and whenever we're struggling because we are after all still on an ongoing journey, we can take comfort knowing that we have Jesus, the Great High Priest.
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. ~Hebrews 4:14-16
Our God is so awesome =)
No comments:
Post a Comment