Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength =)

Today was one of the rare occasions that I could come home from work in time to have dinner with family at 8...reason? cos all my experiments failed today. You've really got to learn to accept failures in the scientific research field. Of course you'll naturally feel upset for in a way working soooo hard for the past week in vain. But are results really that important? I mean is it only through our results that we can glorify God and rationalize that our requests for Him to spare us from any failures are fully justified? I have to confess to having those thoughts...

But it's through failures that we grow stronger - stronger in faith - faith in Him alone

an example that comes to mind is the testimony of a female doctor in HK who died while trying to save her patients when SARS broke out. She had volunteered to go into the quarantined wards with the infected patients because she believed whole-heartedly that her life belongs to Christ. To some, it might seem that losing her life wouldn't be anything near overcoming the disease...achieving success or a miracle and bringing glory to Him, whom she died for. Yet, she had overcame everything through Him...she had brought all glory and honour and power to Him by surrendering her life fully to Him - to reflect His unfailing love for His people.

- For when I am weak, then I am strong

it's always through His omnipotence and never our pitiful abilities that His most amazing love is revealed.

No comments: