Saturday, April 17, 2010

What else can I do

so I haven't been all too motivated to study because ... I haven't been focusing on God. I know but I do not know? The first thing I really need to do before hitting those books, is to meditate upon His Word, on Him.
I'm so thankful for the reminder of this song we sang tonight =)



I first came across this youtube video last summer and the lyrics really spoke to me ...
What else can I do but worship?
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple. ~ Psalm 27:4
Reading the description of the video, I discovered that is was dedicated to Dr. Yang Kwong Chen, a living testimony to the grace of God and His loving kindness.
And so, I stumbled upon his blog, in which he writes so humbly, and yet so powerfully about God's grace through it all.

Two years ago today I found out I had advanced lung cancer. Despite the ongoing challenges with treatment, God has sustained me through every bump along the road. I am so very thankful for my family, my friends, and most of all - my relationship with God.
Looking back, there have been times when I (and the doctors) have not known what to do, but “when I am overwhelmed, (He) alone knows the way I should turn.” (Psalm 142:3, NLB).
There have been times when I was so sick from treatment side effects that I could not remember what it was like to feel normal for just five minutes, but I can still recall His unfailing love, mercy, compassion and faithfulness (Hosea 2:19-20); therefore I still dare to hope, and I daily draw on His mercies which are fresh every morning (Lamentations 3:21). “From the end of the earth I call to (Him) when my heart is faint; (He) lead(s) me to the rock that is higher than I.” (Psalm 61:2). “Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day He carries us in His arms.” (Psalm 68:19, NLB).
Although there have been times when my medical prognosis seemed uncertain or even bleak, my future and my eternal destiny has never been in doubt (I John 5:11-13). And meanwhile, “I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27:13, NLB)
One of his recent blog posts that I have been really encouraged by is: MAKING ALL THINGS NEW. (His blog takes quite a while to load sometimes, so be patient =))

He is exalted =)

May we learn to lay it all down at His feet, the surrendering comes with so much frustration on our part when we're holding back... our patience with how we want things to turn out might seem to be tested to the limits...
But let us wait upon Him.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.
Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me...
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD. ~ Psalm 27:9-10, 13-14

No comments: