Friday, November 6, 2009

because of who You are

25I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. ~Colossians 1:25-29

I love verse 27 =) and reading on, verse 29 struck me this morning - Paul writes "...struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me".
It's all about Him! not whatever we can muster up when we struggle by our own strength... truly something to rejoice about =) Rejoicing not just because we can just let go of it all knowing that God is in control, we really don't need to worry so much... but more than that?

After all, it's about who He is that we can truly say, "may I not only decrease and You increase... but may I be nothing so that You can be my everything".

No comments: