here goes...(sorry if I'm so long-winded)
and so I finished Physio Psych class early and thought I'd go to DP to copy out some of the lecture notes posted on UW-ace and fill in some more notes from my textbook. I also wanted to check my email for updates from my DG about meeting up tonight...as well as writing more serious emails (which I wanted to do last night but was too tired). And so I received the weekly CCF email sent out from the UWCCF email account...by our trust-worthy DL, Phil Chan...
Unofficial Wings Dinner
Date: Friday, April 3rd
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: 97 Churchill St
This Friday will be a delicious wings dinner hosted by our sister Joanna Tang to start off exam time! She has generously opened up her home and her kitchen to us, and offered to prepare some yummyness. If you are planning on coming, please RSVP to this email to let us know what flavour of wings you would like, and how many you can eat. Also, we would ask that everyone pitches in $5 to help cover the cost of preparing the wings. If in need of directions to Joanna's place, see the link above or contact myself (Phil) or Joanna. See you guys there!
hmm...wait...
MY PLACE???
ermmmm...I did say something about making wings but unofficial CCF wings night??? huh? >.<
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
well it was Monday at SLC 3rd floor that I was talking to Joses, Brian, Squirrel and Matt Wong about wings. Joses suggested we go for wings but I was like ermmm... I can make my own wings (it's cheaper...and maybe better too? :P) So Joses, being Joses...made the decision for us that I should make wings for all of them and invite a few people (keep it small). We were discussing about this, and when Phil came out from the Quiet Study room, we were joking about how we shouldn't let him know about it (Joses wants to eat all the wings for himself and if Phil's coming....erm they'll be gone pretty soon :P) Well but we decided we're nice people and so we told Phil about it too. Actually it was more like a joke at first (ermmm with Joses and Brian and Squirrel around? :P) but they got pretty serious. Hmmm, so being the impulsive/not-sensible me, I said...ermm ok laaaa. I'll make wings for you guys, but we're definitely NOT having it at my place since my housemates have to study and my place is so small.
settled, but hehe not the date or time or people :P
so I was thinking that was that...since the guys didn't mention anything on Tuesday. I did think about maybe next Friday instead...
and so this morning was ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
first thing that came to mind: Phil? huh? I didn't even talk to him about it...oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone's going to be so disappointed now :P they have to find something else to do....
(but not sure why I started thinking about where to get wings, what sauces to make, what time I should be marinating them...have to marinate them overnight if not they wouldn't taste good...tupperware/fridgespace for that etc. ---____________--- )
and then, our dear chairperson Herman messages me to thank me for offering to mass-produce wings. haha. I messaged Jon Lin too...he didn't help much either, asked me to go find Phil at SLC.
Ok so these people that I all trust...and so when I finally run over to SLC after my class, I see Brian and he's soooooooooo excited for wings -_- then Joses appears too! And he agrees with Brian that I HAVE to do it this week cos their stomachs can't wait till next Friday. hahaha -_- I tell them I have no time to get wings though, no car...got to go for volunteering tonight, Thursday is orchestra and studying for midterm on Friday morning...but maybe...maybe I'd do it if Joses did go get the wings for me?
The guys then tell me...you should call Phil to check first and so I decide yeah, it's time.
I called Phil, speaking in a very calm manner, telling him my position...I really can't do it at my place, never did confirm with him, maybe we can do it next week instead so could you please make the correction before people start getting excited for wings this week?
And so, Phil finally says it...oh that's too bad you can't do it...haha Joanna, April Fool's!
huh? huh???? huh?????????? and then I noticed Brian and Joses ROLLING on the ground in laughter -_- it's April Fool's today? oh...... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
erm Phil!!!! I'm not talking to you >.< passed the phone back to Joses. I'm ready to strangle Joses and Brian but they start running...haha but I easily outrun them :P gave them a piece of my mind :P
they should be scared since I can play hockey and chop potatoes >.<
Jon lin later came up and he DARED to come so close...he said he wasn't scared since I wasn't holding any pots/knives. next time -_-
Turns out that the entire commitee was into this, and the crazy mastermind? Mikee Chan -_-
but you guys are awesome...it was pretty good laughs and thanks for raising my cortisol levels (learnt about stress in physio psych today :P)
and yup, I'll still try to make wings if I can....maybe hopefully next week? :D
6 comments:
Oh Joanna, you bring such joy and laughter into our lives! =D
Here is an excerpt from Monday evening's committee meeting/get-together.
---
Anonymous Committee Member 1: So what's the unofficial program this week?
Anonymous Committee Member 2: He he, today at SLC we were joking with Joanna that she could make everyone wings as the unofficial CCF night.
Anonymous Committee Member 3: We should prank her by sending an announcement and only BCC her and people who know!
Committee: *laughter*
---
P.S. Please don't hurt me! You've already knocked me over during hockey, I know what you're capable of! =P
waa...so everyone in CCF ganged up to prank you eh? =p
That's so cute! hahaha..I couldn't stop laughing when I read this =p
jocelyn! =) nope...just our highly-respected committee plus joses and brian :P
to phil: you guys too bring much joy & laughter to my life =D but still...those of you in hockey (or planning to join hockey) should still watch out :P that's what you guys get for asking me to be more violent/aggressive for hockey...yay =D
Back when I was Communications, I've always wondered how much people actually read the weekly CCF emails.
Haha. At least I know one person does now =P
hahahaha!!!
ohhhh jo-bear, you are sooooo cute and hilarious and awesome!! xDDD i loved the way you told this story :)
"they should be scared since I can play hockey and chop potatoes"
YEAH :D
carebear :) :) :)
lol...i actually can't play hockey well at all :P
but glad this made you :D haha a small break from studying eh?
+oil!
Post a Comment