so PT asked about my summer plans after finding out that I was going to be here in Waterloo for the spring term. I said mmmh cooking and cleaning? =P haha my "coop job"...looking forward to that! Planning to go back more often to Toronto during the weekends though to cook for Dad and Kris since Mum will be visiting Singapore & HK for a month and coming back on weekdays for MORE cooking and cleaning for Amanda and my housemates (Germaine and Janice, who have been taking care of me so much this term....like my older sisters =) ).
My summer plans:
- reading =) looking forward to reading the Word more, and picking up all the other books which I've planned to read but never had the time since school started
- music! violin...so many pieces that I've been wanting to try and I need lots and lots of practice cos I'm not good =( & going to pick up the guitar...finally =D
- cooking! was just talking to my friend/housemate. I'm going to try out 1 dessert every night yay! We have a whole list already =P (eg. some Singaporean/Indo desserts, Portuguese egg tarts...and the most ambitious yet - 高力豆沙 (Souffle egg white ball with red bean paste and banana)...YUM =D hoping to improve on the chocolate torte I tried once, 偷-ing 師 from Germ....her pumpkin pies, profiteroles, lemon meringues tarts etc.) And of course, I will be experimenting on some real food too
- teaching people to cook! yay I've accepted my first student =P it'll be FUN times. It'll probably grow my patience too!
- and with so much good food, it'll be great to exercise! skating & hockey, jogging, maybe squash if my friends don't mind me...
- volunteering =) at KW Seniors' Day Program every Tuesdays and at Pediatrics (GRH) every other Wednesday
- studying! this always seems to be last on my list =P but then again, I'm excited for molecular biology (BIOL 208) and studying for MCAT shall be seen as a challenge...ENGL 109 DE doesn't seem so fun though -_- I could also start studying for Fall term =) we'll see...
can't wait for summer! ok back to studying HARD for finals now =) 大家加油!!!
5 comments:
ur first student in cooking =O! ><
JO COOK FOR ME!!! Actually... forget real food. I just want the desserts =) It's very much a recent thing that I have come to appreciate the looooove baked desserts. It's pretty dangerous since I can't stop myself.
I hope i get to try some of your desserts! =)
Can I be your second cooking student this summer? =p teehee
i find it realllllly amusing that we all get so excited when talking about FOOD =P
but yup, hopefully i can cook sometime for you =) (girls' dessert night yay! =D)
just realized that i have to take driving lessons in Toronto this summer too >.< i can imagine myself getting lost and crashing my first car =P
mmmm makes me want some dessert too :) I am sure they'll be delicious adventures! It sounds like you'll be quite busy... having fun! heheh :)
Post a Comment