Tuesday, September 23, 2008

加油!

physics 121 lab is a killer or maybe I'm not as smart as I used to be =(
orgo's pretty hard too...
psych is just nap time for me =P
stats is kind of boring
embryology is COOL! everyone should take that course with Chris Jacobson (who was teaching us after 7 cans of coke & got another during breaktime =P)
Here’s a lovely excerpt from Chapter 6’s footnotes:
The twelfth-century rabbi and physician Maimonides (1190) framed the question of morphogenesis beautifully when he noted that the pious men of his day believed that an angel of God had to enter the womb to form the organs of the embryo. This, the men say, is a miracle. How much more powerful a miracle would life be, he asked, if the Deity had made matter such that it could generate such remarkable order without a matter-molding angel having to intervene in every pregnancy?
and actually physics is interesting too...I mean, I wouldn't have got to learn about time dilation & other cool relativity stuff otherwise eh?
best thing about today was I alighted at the right bus-stop after night lab =)
and talking to froshies on msn makes me happy too! hopefully they'll get well soon though...getting sick isn't fun at all =S wish i had more time to make congee for them...

2 comments:

Jo said...

physics labs in general are quite brutal. The good thing is that at the end, if you've had a really tough TA, they'll boost up your marks so all the marks across all sections are consistent. Bad thing is that if you have a really easy TA, your marks might go down :S I never really liked the specificity of the physics lab exams either... just remember that you should know the expected results and equations! :P I failed my physics 111 lab exam because I didn't know how to prepare for it!

joanna said...

awwww... =(
okok i'll try my best & thanks for the encouragement =) miss you so much! there are so many cool froshies that i'm sure you'd have loved to meet =)