I have to confess that I’m someone who’s of rather little faith. I worry a lot of quite a far bit in life – my relationship with God, my family and friends, my health, my future, my studies, my mistakes etc. And I worry that I won’t be able to share the gospel with my relatives and friends, that they would not accept it. But what worries do I have when God is the one in control, and that He is the one who will open their hearts at the moment that He has appointed? Sometimes, I really feel that nothing else can be done when I’m talking to my grandmother. I yearn so much and pray that she might really come to believe in Him and yet I don’t believe in what I’m praying for would come true…how much more self-contradictory can I be? And when I was thinking during LOVE MG’s altar call, that there would be at the most a few people going up to receive Christ for the first time since most in the auditorium would have been Christians (or why would they have come that night?) and yet God surprised me by the huge crowd that rushed out. I was so touched by His Spirit that night and learnt that I should always remember that our God is BIG. Nothing is impossible to Him. That He works in miraculous ways in His time =)
Reading the story of the healing of a boy with an evil spirit in Mark 9:14-32, I was reminded once again to place my trust whole-heartedly in Him.
23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
The passage is such a powerful powerful reminder to us and the next time my faith wavers, I pray that I’ll be like the boy’s father and say “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” =)
I’ll be walking with Ma-Ma in the garden tomorrow morning…maybe it’ll be then or maybe the day after? I’ll keep praying, hoping, trusting... =)
No comments:
Post a Comment