I’m not used to be separated from my other half. We’ve been together since forever – the longest time we’ve been separated was a record of 3 days when she went for Guides camp and we’ve always been in the same class since nursery except for K1 and later on, she took German (involuntarily) while I took French lessons. As for our extra-curricular activities, she was in Girl Guides while I was in the string ensemble. In JC, I decided to take the physics/chemistry combination because she didn’t like biology and I ended up in Waterloo (although we’re in different faculties now) because of her too (but I’m so thankful for that! :) )
And now, for the next 3 weeks, I’ve to get used to being alone. Maybe it’s in preparation for the winter term when she’ll be on her work-term. But the worst thing about us being separated is that I’m here in HK enjoying life while she’s in Canada packing our stuff that we moved over from Singapore :( . ) I really really feel bad about that…I should have changed my flight back to Toronto way earlier when I found out that HKU’s med school rejected me. It’s too late now because the earliest vacant spots that Cathay Pacific has is for September 21st when mine’s September 5th.
I wish I could sit in front of the computer and MSN/Skype with mum & sisters & friends in Canada and with dad & friends in Singapore but at the same time, I really want to cherish the extra time that I have in HK with my relatives (especially with grandma). I shall never forget what my lab supervisor told me about his grandmother in HK. She stayed in an elderly home and each day passed with her waiting for someone to visit her, to the point that she’d almost lost all hope in life. So when he went to visit HK, he brought her out once to yum cha. That was the happiest day that she’d ever had in a long time and she kept saying “yum cha, yum cha” after that. Unfortunately, he got kind of busy after that day and didn’t bring her out a second time before leaving for Singapore…and now he really regrets it. Since I’ve been given that opportunity to stay on longer in HK (another 3 more weeks!!!), I really hope to spend more time with my grandmother – walking with her in the Lai Chi Kok park, going to afternoon tea with her, listening to her stories the hundredth time, and most of all, hoping to share God’s love with her and also with the rest of my relatives. I have to confess that it can be hard to communicate with Grandma at times and that if I were to be living with her, I might not have the patience everyday to spend time talking to her, especially if I had to cope with the crazy workload that HK students have. But now that I’m on holiday, I can spend lots of time with her and hope that she’ll come to live in His love and enjoy her life on earth to the fullest :D
It seems to me that my blog posts have gone downhill in terms of any form of structure or flow (if they ever had that in the first place :P) but I’ve really have not much time to organize my thoughts and not much chance to use the Internet. I’ve not been on MSN since 1st August and I can’t receive any offline messages because my dad deletes all of them (my MSN pops out on his desktop whenever he runs Windows because I was bored and decided to open up the oldest version of messenger on his computer in his office one day and I completely forgot about it until he told me a few days ago). I apologize here if I haven’t been replying to anyone!
So here’s the end to my few weeks’ worth of rambling:
Jo misses her family lots!
I was skyping with my dad a few days ago and I just wish I could reach through the screen to give him a hug. I’m really thankful that God carried us as a family through the difficult period we just had and I’m so looking forward to this Christmas when we can hopefully meet up in Toronto J
& I’m nearly done buying the other necessities on the list that Amanda & Kris left me with…maybe another 2 days of shopping then I can 大功告成. After that, I’d finally be able to heave a sigh of relief because I won’t need to shop for the next 2 years! (because, I actually don’t like shopping…it’s too tiring especially if I’m with some crazy shoppers like XXX better not mention names here! :P)
ok…here’s really THE END (if anyone’s still reading):
Jo sends her regards from HK to everyone all around the world :) (and to her other half/the world’s BEST twin sister ever…lots of LOVE from HK!)
2 comments:
jo, really touched :)
don't feel guilty cuz i haven't started packing and all yet...
really i should be the one feeling bad...didn't even go to the park with grandma this time :(
can't wait for you to come back :D
+oil :) can't wait to see you girls too!
Post a Comment