Sunday, September 25, 2011

John MacArthur - The Will of God sermon


1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
~ Romans 12:1-2

 I entangling myself in my sin never fully understood what it means to seek God's will. I knew at the back of my head but I didn't want to face it and rid myself of my rebellion against seeking His will and not mine. I kept confusing myself about where I felt God was calling me to, and feeling miserable that He was so distant. Why wasn't He being clearer in telling me whether medicine or not, nursing or not, or...? What would be most glorifying to You, O Lord?

My heart was so burdened. I wanted to know the freedom that is in Christ but I wasn't willing to let go. I wasn't ready to deny myself, take up the cross and to follow Him...

No comments: