Thursday, December 2, 2010

Amazing Grace =)

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me -
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught -
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear -
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares -
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far -
and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me -
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be -
as long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years -
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise -
then when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me -
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

.......
Amazing Grace.
It leaves you speechless.
But at the same time, praise just rises up from the bottom of you.
Inexpressible joy.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. ~1 Peter 1:3-9


Standing in the cold, waiting for the bus to come, I couldn't help but start singing praises to Him. I couldn't have imagined sharing the Good News with my friend just a year ago. In her room, explaining the Old Testament, the New Testament, what these words meant, reading John 3 together, talking about what being born again meant...
what grace is, why we celebrate Christmas and sing praises to our God, praying together...

It hasn't been altogether the smoothest journey, with barriers that seemed to render the path ahead impassable. But by God's grace and mercy, He has knocked them over one after another.

And by His grace, we'll still be meeting up to read His Word and/or listen to sermons together. Maybe while nibbling freshly baked cookies again, and sipping Viet drip drip iced coffee... and having yummy slices of green mango =P

Oh Lord, that they might come to know You!
And that I might once again be humbled by Your grace and mercy to a wretch like me!

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." ~ Philippians 1:21
I can't say that I can echo what Paul says in this verse all the time. But there are moments in life when everything seems too surreal... that despite the busyness, the hard-pressedness (not a real word but pardon my lack of vocabulary =P), "PRAISE GOD!" just rises up from the bottom of your heart so much so that you want to be taken up into His loving arms. Or, to be singing of His love to the rest of the world, that they may dance with joy like we, who have seen the light by His grace, are dancing now.

I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever
(by Martin Smith)

Over the mountains and the sea,
Your river runs with love for me,
and I will open up my heart
and let the Healer set me free.
I'm happy to be in the truth,
and I will daily lift my hands:
for I will always sing of when
Your love came down.

I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever.

Oh, I feel like dancing -
it's foolishness I know;
but, when the world has seen the light,
they will dance with joy,
like we're dancing now.

............
Side note:
I've been drifting away from CCF a bit this term but it hit me again that I'm leaving soon. leaving brothers and sisters in Christ that I really love and care for, leaving those whom I really wish I had the chance to get to know better in the past 3+ years...
Thank you all! =)

No comments: