After learning about the news, I didn't know what I should be thinking about. Maybe it's because we'd known about it for so long already and we were expecting it any time.
Does expectation just blur out the emotions? Rational thinking just kicks in... life doesn't stand still for you... we have to move on?
Aren't we moving along just too fast sometimes?
This is too often the case for me. The periods of planning, then the comparatively milliseconds of actual time spent, and life just passes you by. I guess I'm not being anywhere near coherent now.
When I walked out of Biology building, toward ML, I saw a crowd of faces... more than I usually see. People just walking by... each one with his/her own story. What are they living for now? But what is it that their souls are actually craving for?
Those thoughts hit me again as I walked home. A surrealistic moment yet maybe it was a rare moment of clarity of the mind. If I was seeing beyond myself, if I was a bystander looking back at my life, when are the times or what am I living for that truly matters? Not just in this life but in eternity. We are but so small, and our lives just a small part in what Life is... in the much grander plan. There is a purpose and that's why each of our lives is beautiful no matter the pain, the suffering, the fleetingness. And they are beautifully interwoven in that much grander plan.
As I learn about evolution in class, what strikes me most is the quest for finding out a reason to explain life and how we humans fit in the scheme of things. Why else would people be spending years doing research on the most obscure things? It may all seem to make sense with the theories and hypothesis. But there is really no explanation plausible at the end of the day when you're trying to figure what life is when the source of it is taken out of the picture.
And the emptiness in our lives can only, only be satisfied by that source.
Fill me with the passion for life, my life and that of others... because of You
But infinitely more than that, consume me with the passion for You, the life-giving Life.
...
Consuming Fire
(Hillsong United)
There must be more than this,
O breath of God come breathe within,
There must be more than this,
Spirit of God we wait for You.
Fill us anew we pray,
Fill us anew we pray.
Consuming fire fan into flame,
A passion for Your Name,
Spirit of God fall in this place,
Lord have Your way,
Lord have Your way with us,
Come like a rushing wind,
Clothe us with power from on high,
Now set the captives free,
Leave us abandoned to Your praise.
Lord let Your glory fall,
Lord let Your glory fall.
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
A passion for Your Name.
No comments:
Post a Comment