Monday, August 2, 2010

You alone

For You

for You alone

my soul yearns, hungers and thirsts

as the deer pants for the water



"Whom have I in heaven but You

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart

and my portion forever."



What else can I do but worship?

may I live all of my days

for You alone.



To You

to You alone

I offer my life

surrendering all

as a living sacrifice



"O Lord, open my lips,

and my mouth will declare Your praise...

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,

a broken and contrite heart,

O God, you will not despise."



What else can I do but praise?

Praise, honour, glory and power

to You alone.



From You

from You alone

amazing grace, unending love

I, the worst of sinners, have received



With the precious blood of Christ

the Lamb without blemish or defect

were we redeemed from the empty way of life

From the fullness of Your grace

blessings upon blessings we have been given




A new birth into a living hope.



Nothing

besides You.



Everything

for You.


Soli deo gloria.

No comments: