But He gives grace, and grace abundantly.
Our God is the Lord of heaven and earth. We all know this but more often than not, we let it stop there. What does it mean to be in awe of our God? What does it mean to be loving our awesome God?
There are those moments that we have an epiphany, struck by His amazing love, but where are we standing during the in-between times?
I remember those moments, like looking at the sky, singing a worship song, reading an email from a friend, reading a verse, sharing with a friend...listening to Him in the secret, in the quiet place...
I've started on Ezekiel and looking up the commentary because I previously didn't understand when I tried reading it almost 2 years ago. (It helps =) )
I got to Chapter 3: the Lord called Ezekiel to be a watchman for the house of Israel and the last part of the chapter is really cool.
Earlier in the chapter, Ezekiel was being broken and humbled by the Lord as He sent him to be among the "rebellious house", who were living in captivity...
12 Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound—May the glory of the LORD be praised in his dwelling place!- 13 the sound of the wings of the living creatures brushing against each other and the sound of the wheels beside them, a loud rumbling sound. 14 The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the LORD upon me. 15 I came to the exiles who lived at Tel Abib near the Kebar River. And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days-overwhelmed.
Ezekiel was reluctant, bitter about having to preach to the people because of the discouragements he foresaw he should meet with; but the hand of the Lord was strong upon him, not only to compel him to his work, but to fit him for it, to carry him through it. And God spoke to him again...
16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: 17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me....
22 The hand of the LORD was upon me there, and he said to me, "Get up and go out to the plain, and there I will speak to you." 23 So I got up and went out to the plain. And the glory of the LORD was standing there, like the glory I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown.
(I'll leave the rest for you to read =))
It says that Ezekiel went out to the plain - spending quiet time with God alone.
God called Ezekiel out to talk with him, but did more than that: he showed him his glory.
I remember 2 years ago too when we did the bible study on Mark 1:35...
35Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Alone times...really are the times when we can simply come and kneel before His throne, the times when we can experience intimacy with God. After all, it's our personal relationship with Him. And though we do not expect visions like those given to Ezekiel in this passage to be shown His glory, we know of the glory of the new covenant...
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. ~2 Cor. 3:18
How amazing is that? =)
But going back to the in-between times. What I'll say for now...
Keep waiting on the Lord.
Keep walking in the Spirit.
Keep asking for Him to give you His eyes, to break your heart for what breaks His, to make you a channel of His peace.
To be the spark - to pass it on.
Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely? 6But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. ~James 4
...
(on a side note...I did well for MCAT! I don't deserve this and it was truly only by His grace which carried me through. Praise God =))
3 comments:
2 thumbs up for your mcat
ps. the title of your post is actually my favourite song.
Yayyyy for your mcat!! =D
thx for those verses, it's a great reminder that God is the solution to weariness of the soul; knowing Him to know the secret of being content.
Post a Comment