Saturday, September 19, 2009

The reason I love Chinese words so much even though I'm not good - they're just filled with so much meaning in the characters themselves. And they look pretty =) the traditional ones more than the simplified =P
I was thinking about how we are to listen -

This is one of my favourite Chinese characters...I remembered my principal explaining it to us back in primary school (elementary school):

Listen as if you're listening to a king ("ear" 耳, with "king" 王 underneath)
with ten eyes ( "ten" 十 on top of "eyes"
which is inverted)
and one heart ("one" 一 over "heart" 心)

This has stuck with me for years and I'm getting old now...but still, I haven't really learned how to listen.
To my parents, to my sisters when they need me...and to God.

learning, re-learning how to listen...

And His grace has been more than enough. My visits to the 中醫 for acupuncture has not been one of dread but almost enjoyable and something I look forward to. I'm reminded of one of my favourite quotes by Corrie ten Boom:

Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.

Auntie (I forgot to ask her name again =P) has been sharing with me almost every time I go, and I've been learning so much. To not ask why but to learn from the lessons we've been given. God is teaching us something through our experiences...we need to listen. He is refining our faith and we need to be humble, to surrender all, to simply come back to the heart of worship...to Him.

渴求一個聆聽你的心。

No comments: