Monday, June 15, 2009

praise.

Feeling tired from hockey and from running around so much yesterday...and tired of not being able to "accomplish" any work, tired of being so tired and so lazy and not wanting to do work. I was supposed to just take a 15 min nap at 11:50ish last night (moo said I was crazy =P) but I ended up just switching off the alarm when it rang and went back to sleep, waking up at 4, setting the alarm for 6, letting history repeat itself...until I finally woke up at 7:30 this morning with the one thought of me being so silly -_-
I really want to study for mcat and I like studying because science is =D and I ♥ biology =P
I was feeling so frustrated at myself for being such a procrastinator and that I really shouldn't be so tired...until I finally sat down and started reading His word and asked Him to quieten down my heart.

Matthew 11:25-28
Isaiah 40
All these really familiar verses yet the Word of God never fails to bring comfort, His mercies are new each day...
reading Psalm 86, another of my favourites

1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.

2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.

3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to your servant,
for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.

5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord,
abounding in love to all who call to you.

6 Hear my prayer, O LORD;
listen to my cry for mercy.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call to you,
for you will answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.

9 All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, O Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

14 The arrogant are attacking me, O God;
a band of ruthless men seeks my life—
men without regard for you.

15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

16 Turn to me and have mercy on me;
grant your strength to your servant
and save the son of your maidservant.

17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
for you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

a sign of your goodness...
recalling Isaiah 55

1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

3 Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander of the peoples.

5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor."

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

The last time I read this, I remembered being so amazed by the goodness of our Lord - and the last two verses on His promises of joy and peace for us...that image of mountains and hills bursting into song before us and all nature around us praising and worshiping God - the music of the spheres - just blows me away.

=) 讚美

I really am blessed to have more than 7 hours of sleep during this midterm season and to have the time to do all the activities I'm doing, and also family time...back home next weekend! =) and most importantly, I have all this time to spend reading His word that most people unfortunately can't because of the craziness of school or work. so quit complaining jo! =P

But even though we might be really busy with work, may we continue to fix our eyes only on Him, knowing that He is always with us, we can talk to Him whenever, wherever...cos He's listening =)

No comments: