Monday, May 11, 2009

I have a Shelter

I have a Shelter
~by Steve & Vikki Cook and Bob Kauflin

I have a shelter in the storm
When troubles pour upon me
Though fears are rising like a flood
My soul can rest securely
O Jesus, I will hide in You
My place of peace and solace
No trial is deeper than Your love
That comforts all my sorrows

I have a shelter in the storm
When all my sins accuse me
Though justice charges me with guilt
Your grace will not refuse me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
Who bore my condemnation
I find my refuge in Your wounds
For there I find salvation

I have a shelter in the storm
When constant winds would break me
For in my weakness, I have learned
Your strength will not forsake me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
The One who bears my burdens
With faithful hands that cannot fail
You’ll bring me home to heaven

~ eternity with You.

I attended a KW Chamber Music Society concert by Duo Diorama last night. The program was:
Debussy: Sonata for Violin and Piano

Ravel: Sonata for Violin and Piano

Bright Sheng: The Stream Flows for solo violin

Franck: Sonata for Violin and Piano

It was so good =) I really wanted to attend this concert because the pianist is the son of my dad's PhD mentor and I haven't been to a concert in ages =P And I made a few new friends with other classical music lovers too! One comment made was that it seemed like most of us UW students coming to these concerts are from engineering or science...someone said because our brains need a break haha.
But yeah, it was a really good break for me to just enjoy the music in itself. I especially liked the last piece, which the pianist introduced as a 'love story' (the violinist and pianist are a married couple) and they didn't disappoint us at all =) It was so beautiful I didn't want it to end...
Somewhere during the 3rd movement, in the grandeur of the music filling the room, I was hit by the realization that indeed His grace is so immeasurably rich and that He continues to pour this out to us who are so undeserving and unworthy. I really am so unworthy of this. I am just so immature, spiritually and emotionally.

...For in my weakness, I have learned

Your strength will not forsake me...


I know that I can hide in Him, and sometimes I just want to stay safe in that shelter. But then again, I know He wants me to trust in Him that He'll grow me and continue to carry me through it all.
This morning, it was waking up to 1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
God is good.

No comments: