Saturday, November 8, 2008

99 balloons

God's love is just so amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0
"Eliot was born with an undeveloped lung, a heart with a hole in it and DNA that placed faulty information into each and every cell of his body. However, that could not stop the living God from proclaiming Himself through this boy who never uttered a word."



"...If you have found yourself drawn to this story and not really knowing why, I humbly propose that my son is only a vehicle to proclaim a story greater than his own. There is someone who loves you with a love larger than ours for Eliot. There is one who takes you with all of your flaws and delights in all that you are. He sings over you when you sleep and hems you in while awake. He destroys the worth-measures of man and pronounces you worthy. He is Jesus. He is the only way we have made it thus far and our only hope for tomorrow.
Thank you, Matt & Ginny Mooney"
http://www.ninetynineballoons.com/

To trust in Him, to surrender all...even their first-born son in Matt & Ginny's case, to know that He is the Potter, we are the clay and that He holds us in His everlasting arms of love.
It's so hard at times to just lay it all down to God. For me, I find that hard with school work but ultimately, it's my future that I sometimes worry about. Although I know God has the pefect plan for my life, I just want to know what it is. But no, God keeps us in suspense, He wants us to wait on Him. I think it's somewhat like being blindfolded in a maze, that we might be able to trust that God is by our side, guiding us each step of the way.

So I'm learning to wait on Him, to trust Him, to surrender all my hopes, my ambitions and my plans to Him :)

~ He is my light, my strength, my song.

3 comments:

Jocelyn =) said...

awww..what a touching video =D Though it was a bit sad too..*tear*

ooo btw...HI Joanna! =D It's jocelyn =p

joanna =) said...

jocelyn!!! :) yup, my younger sister sent the link to me last night and it really touched my heart...that such a short-lived life can bring so much hope, and so much joy to the world simply cos he is one of God's children...so precious in His sight, just as we are too :)

Bily said...

mmm. it is indeed touching. I'm glad the parents are as faithful and loving as they are. and that they are faithfully glorifying God with a respectful video that celebrates life.