Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blessed

...by the Giver of good gifts, whose ways and thoughts are so much higher!

Praise God...again and again! =) 

I praise and thank God for my summer job with Scott Mission Camp! It's so amazing how God worked through it all, since I was just going to work with my church for VBS (after not getting the Sick Kids externship). After going for the interview for VBS, I learned that there were more applicants than Senior Counselor positions. The Holy Spirit stirred something in me--felt that it was better for me to move on and let the younger ones (though not any less experienced than me) take up those positions while I look for maybe a more nursing-related summer job. 

After praying, that night I found out that Scott Mission Camp was looking for a healthcare coordinator ("camp nurse")! Scott Mission's ministry is focused on loving the underprivileged families as God's channels of grace, and sharing the Gospel with them. By His grace, I met the qualifications they were looking for: committed Christian with experiences in children & youth ministry! There was a crazy interview process too and the 8-day wait after that tested my faith to wait upon the Lord...but praise God! God is so good!

Two things just too amazing not to share: 
1) When one of my professors found out that I had applied for SMC, she got even more excited than me! It turns out that she's a Christian too and worked for them as a camp nurse when she was in nursing school! She graciously wrote me a reference letter despite the short notice!
2) I met a Christian nurse at my clinical placement and she has been such an encouragement! I previously met her at a Christian healthcare conference and found out that she used to be the camp nurse at the Scott Mission Camp!!! She's pretty cool and I'm not sure whether you've heard of Move-In (http://movein.to/)...her husband is the director! Basically, the organization is about Christians moving into the underprivileged neighbourhoods to love their neighbours =) May we be praying for His Kingdom and loving our neighbours too!

I haven't fully grasped the amazing-ness of God's work in this as yet. But it's dawning on me how He answered my prayer to work with children in much bigger and better way...

20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.~Ephesians 3:20-21

In awe of Him! And to think I was so tempted to despair when I didn't get the Sick Kids job I wanted so badly...how patient of Him, how faithful of Him when I was so clearly not!

I am still amazed that I will be working with an organization, of which their stated highest purpose of their work/God's ministry is that "each person will be brought into a right and personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ, and will grow into maturity in Christ (Colossians 1:28). 

My next test is the upcoming online course registration (at 6AM!) next Tuesday--competing for one of the 11 remaining spots (first-come first-serve basis) in paediatrics at Sick Kids as a second-year elective with the rest of my classmates! Kind of crazy but we're getting a new router this weekend (ours is old and getting cranky)...but whatever happens, may I praise Him for His Sovereign grace =)

Be Thou my Vision O Lord of my heart

No comments: