Monday, October 15, 2012

that my only boast is You...

October is a rough month for us students. Most of the assignments and midterms are stuffed into these few weeks but I'm thankfully surviving.
I have failed to keep the faith in many ways when I stress over the quiz/midterm or assignments, over clinical placements, or even over what can I be doing now to secure a job post-graduation. While I feel like I'm keeping in touch with reality, I've been reminded about how small my vision and how little it really matters in the end. On the other hand, Gabriel has been challenging my faith in many ways with what he believes is God's calling for us in the future. What other including myself would say is totally unrealistic and crazy, but really, if it's God's will and since it's solidly based on Biblical truths, is the complete opposite.

This song by Keith and Kristyn Getty has also been a good reminder, especially these lines "not what you give but what you keep is what the King is counting"


Last but not least, is a reminder from my dad. My sisters and I have been greatly blessed and we don't realize it enough, nor thank Him and him enough. A few weeks ago, he shared with me how he stumbled on his own on John Piper's book "Don't Waste Your Life". He had been looking to share more with his Christian friends/colleagues about that truth so beautifully put - "not what you give but what you keep is what the King is counting". So he ordered the book + DVD from Amazon.com. Even though it might not have seemed like a big deal, I found it really encouraging that he consciously thinks about this and how to share this glorious truth with his friends, who are spending lunch times mostly talking about their financial investments here and there (planning for retirement).
While studying for tomorrow's midterm, walking through the rest of this program and beyond, I'm hoping and praying that no matter what happens, I'm setting my mind on things of above not on things that are on earth (Colossians 3:2). That my only boast is You...

No comments: