by Shai Linne
"But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. And count the patience of our Lord as salvation..." 2 Peter 3:14-15
"Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful." James 5:7-11
Reminders again!
It's Aug 20, Monday. I'm not at work and not in school. Not out grocery shopping or running errands, just relaxing a bit at home alone (auntie's place). I'm cherishing this last bit of free time I have before it starts to get crazy busy with the upcoming move this Saturday. I am really thankful for this because how many people can just have this sort of luxury to sit at home, alone, and reflect?
Reflect about how God is good and has always been... how He has been so patient even though I've messed up again (no surprise).
Reflect about this Sunday's message - Joy in the God of Salvation (Habakkuk 3:3-19). I'm thankful I could learn from one of my favourite passages in the Bible! It was kind of nice since I was teaching about Elisha and the fiery horses and chariots (from 2 Kings 6) for Grade 1-2's Sunday School =) I have to confess that I don't remember that story at all until I prepared for the Sunday School class... and each time I learn so much! Glad to be going through Sunday School again =)
Back to Hab 3. Pastor Richard had 2 main points:
1) True faith usually includes an element of fear
2) True faith lets us take JOY in all circumstances
Just as many saints (eg. Paul in 2 Cor. 7) and even Jesus showed signs of fear or admitted to be afraid, we too do not have to pretend to be "superman" with no fears. We can have fears but we have to face them and overcome fears that might be paralyzing us by faith in God. We can be sustained by the hope that our salvation is accomplished by Christ.
Yes, we might be losing battles here and there but the suffering has a divine purpose and is only temporary. We know the cause will not end in sorrow and hurt but JOY and victory.
I hear, and my body trembles;
my lips quiver at the sound;
rottenness enters into my bones;
my legs tremble beneath me.
Yet I will quietly wait for the day of trouble
to come upon people who invade us.
my lips quiver at the sound;
rottenness enters into my bones;
my legs tremble beneath me.
Yet I will quietly wait for the day of trouble
to come upon people who invade us.
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
~ Habakkuk 3:16-19
1
So, I'm learning to wait upon Him again. Holding on to the glorious hope, and taking joy in the God of my salvation... for He, the Lord of patience, loves me patiently.
No comments:
Post a Comment