I couldn't believe it.
Although I had only conversed with this professor a couple times about War Child Canada and heard her presentation about Students Crossing Borders, she was an inspiration to me. Her love for others was demonstrated from her investing into children's lives with Students Crossing Borders projects (they clearly weren't just projects to her) and also, for War Child Canada! As she said,
it is our shared responsibility to empower those (locally and overseas)
and help them to achieve their dreams too.
But I'm not sure whether she was a Christian...
Out of the 6 people whose sudden passing I had somehow found out about over the past 3 months, she was the one I actually had personal contact with. It's shocking.
I know that God in sovereign over all and He is good all the time.
But this really is a wake-up call to me. I have been wallowing in my unbelief of impatience and despondency and wasting my life for far too long...
Time to really start fighting for His joy and live in light of the Gospel, giving thanks to Him for every breath
To stop living for myself but living for God and His glory!
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21
If God so pleases to leave me here on earth for another x number of years, all that I am is His - for loving Him and His people. And if God chooses to bring me home, how much will I be rejoicing!
No comments:
Post a Comment