Gospel for Asia: Getting distracted is easy. With the busyness of Christmas out of the way and now preparing for the end of the year, we find ourselves tired, ready to welcome any distraction that comes our way. It would be easy to just sit on a couch, relax and pop in a favorite movie. Weren't we given a mission though? Didn't the Lord call us to "finish the race strong"?...
http://www.gfa.ca/kpyohannan/5-minutes-with-kpyohannan/stay-focused/
Such a timely reminder!
Even though I am not doing anything with decorating the house, or exchanging gifts, or sending cards, I still find this holiday season so busy with all the gatherings here and there. Amanda, Kris and I are helping to plan a family potluck though so that's been on our to-do list. But other times, it's just so tempting to plop down after being out most of the day and be lazy and waste time. I have watched too many movies and videos in the past few weeks. How is this living my life worthy of the gospel?
"Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel" (Phil. 1:27)
And I am reminded again and again that our lives are just a breath, a vapour in the wind...
What is it that we're living for?
"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross ..." (Hebrews 12:1-2)
No comments:
Post a Comment