ahhhhhhh she's soooooooooooooo cuteeee!!!
not that the others grade 1-3 kids in the school-age program aren't too but please just let me gush over this little one for now =)
She wrapped her arms around my right arm real tight so I thought aloud, "Are you a koala bear?"
She replied, "Yup and you're the eucalyptus (sounded more like ukelele =P) tree!"
She proceeded to hug me even harder and pretended to slurp me (like slurping ice cream). Of course, I stayed professional and all (because I'm not supposed to be their "friend" but their "teacher"). I tried not to have the other kids who were playing "Pres" (card game somewhat like "Big Two") feel excluded so I asked where koala bears are from and somehow got to talking about maple trees... but this little one clinging onto me just wanted to slurp her eucalyptus tree.
"I'm Pufy the Koala!" she said, and wrote "Pufy the Cwula" onto the paper...that originally was the birthday card she was making for her mom (although her mom's birthday is in February).
Super adorable! Child-like innocence, delighting in each other's silliness (two girls today were just rolling in the grass field because they wanted to "be crazy")... how can one not love?
So I'm reminded to pray for these little ones. Because even though their physical needs might be met well compared to these kids, oh God, Your heart breaks for them all the same, desiring that they might know and love Jesus.
3 comments:
ewww slurping. reminds me of you and kris :P
we're normal :) <3
i'm not abnormal. i slurp at food. not people.
Post a Comment