Saturday, May 28, 2011

Better is one day

How lovely is Your dwelling place
O Lord Almighty
For my soul longs and even faints for You
For here my heart is satisfied
Within Your presence
I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings

Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere

One thing I ask and I would seek
To see Your beauty
To find You in the place Your glory dwells

My heart and flesh cry out
For You the Living God
Your Spirit's water to my soul
I've tasted and I've seen
Come once again to me
I will draw near to You
I will draw near to You
.............................................
haven't had much time to share my thoughts (ramble) here these days... but here's some food for thought (found this while reading Andy T.'s blog the other day).

Luke 11:9-13
(Jesus to his disciples)
...And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 11 What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”


God help us to keep asking for more of the Holy Spirit! To keep seeking hard after Him whether we are in the valley or not... may we have that deep deep desire for Him, to know that He alone satisfies

No comments: